A Boutique Hideaway
Annapara is a boutique hideaway tucked into the wilderness of Wayanad and perched on top of a hillock. Barefoot luxury in the fresh mountain air, far away from the hustle and bustle, is a digital-detox for stressed urban souls. Our swings and hammocks which are scattered all over will help you find a corner to just curl up, chill and take in the serenity around. Chirping birds, chattering insects, call of the Sambhar and the occasional trumpet of Elephants make up a symphony of sorts to soothe the senses. Several species of birds and butterflies are a visual treat.
The seven rooms we have, make it just the place for a reunion with friends and family, a romantic getaway for couples and the perfect retreat for nature lovers, Bird watchers, and Outdoor Adventurers. If Yoga and Meditation are in your lifestyle, then you have arrived at the right spot. You are welcome to see how sustainable and responsible tourism practices work, to rejuvenate and de-stress you, while you enjoy all basic comforts, in the lap of Nature.
ON A TYPICAL DAY
- Wake up to birdsong. After morning tea on the verandah, step out for a short walk to see how plantation workers start their day. At the breakfast table, the rest of the day is planned.
- We recommend exploring our immediate surroundings, with our Naturalists, on picturesque trails. Learn the intricacies of Tea and Coffee cultivation. Pose for picture postcard-perfect clicks. Visit a waterfall nearby.
- Return in time for a traditional, Kerala style lunch prepared with fresh ingredients, seasoned with condiments manually crushed on stone and served on a banana leaf.
- Post lunch, settle into one of the swings or hammocks with a book from our mini-library. Or, just snooze the afternoon away.
- Take a dip in our natural infinity pool which overlooks a valley.
- Evening tea is served in the Amphitheater where there is a view of the Chembra peak in every sip.
- Watch the splendid sky-scapes at sunset with the cacophony of the birds in the background.
- Play badminton or try a hand at our traditional board games available in-house.
- The evenings come alive with bon fire and music. Raise a glass or two at our revolving bar counter. It is quite common to hear the call of Sambhar deer at night.
- Optional In-house activities: Mud Bath, Folk dance and Violin recital at an additional cost.